Or so I’ve heard. This card is a leftover image from when I made the “Zen-derful” card for the sketch challenge. I slipped while trimming it, and the edge curved inward too far. So, couldn’t be used for that. I stuck it in my scrap bucket and decided to figure something out later. I’ve been wanting to try the brick wall technique ever since a fellow stamper over at Split Coast Stampers showed it to us, so I thought this was a perfect image to do it with. After all, it was very small (only 7 rows of “bricks” by 3 rows the other way), so it wouldn’t be as likely to make me want to throw it across the room! Hee hee.
I think it worked out nicely. Here’s the scoop.
Stamps- SU Arte Oriental,
Paper- SU Grayness (no clue… from the naturals pack), SU White… the flimsy stuff, SU Paper… no idea which.
Tools- Heat Gun
Accessories- Embossing Powder & Stupid self-adhesive ribbon from a couple of years ago… untouched because that stuff is evil… but it matched so I used it. Yeah, I’m weird.
For something this small, I just used a ruler, drew lines, and cut apart with scissors. Had it been a bigger one, I’d have gone with the paper trimmer instead. On each row, as I cut it, I labeled each piece, 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 2:1, 2:2, 2:3… etc.
It worked just great, was so easy. I can’t wait to do a bigger more involved one!